It’s been so hot recently that I want to avoid slaving over the oven hob by any means possible. These coronation chickpea sandwiches are perfect for hot weather, and they’re really filling too!
Time: 5-10 minutes
Ingredients: 3-4 sandwiches
- 6-8 slices of bread (your choice, but I used a seeded loaf)
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dairy free yoghurt (soya works well)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (chunky is my favourite, but smooth will work too!)
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Small handful of sultanas (optional)
Add the chickpeas to a bowl and roughly mash them with a fork, leaving some whole.
Add the yoghurt, mayo, mango chutney, curry powder, turmeric, lemon juice and sultanas if using to the chickpeas and mix in well.
Assemble your sandwiches! Some greens go really nicely with this; I used mixed herbs but spinach would be lovely too. You can also just have this on its own if you prefer.